I have several dinners scheduled this December to meet my friends. This will also serve as our Christmas party already. I have dinner with officemates, then HS and College friends. I was chatting with one of my HS friends and was asking him when will he be back from his orlando vacations so that he can join us in the dinner. He said he’ll be here by 2nd week of December so we scheduled our dinner on that weekend. My Saturdays from 1st week to 3rd week of December are booked already for dinners. I’m sure I will gain weight again this coming holidays. I better hit the gym again on January.
Last Saturday, me and my family went to Batangas with my sister for my uncle’s death anniversary. Almost all of my cousins went there too. We decided to leave early in the morning because we expect there will be heavy traffic due to the long weekend. I woke up at 12 midnight to prepare our things and also to check whatever clothes I can give to my relatives staying in the province. I was able to finish preparing by 1:30 and decided not to sleep anymore because we will wake up at 3am since we’re planning to leave the house at 4am. Because I was not able to sleep much that night, people noticed the dark circles under eyes and even my aunt advised me what to put on it to lessen the darkness. The kids had so much fun playing on the grounds, and even Hannah played with them too. We left Batangas at 6:30pm and got home by 10. It was one fun-filled day. :)
1. When is your birthday? :: March
2. Where were you born? :: Batangas
3. Where do you live now? :: Marikina
4. What is your heritage? :: Asian
5. Tell us about a weakness. :: I'm scared of snakes
6. What's a goal that you'd like to achieve? :: Have my own house
7. What is the most overused internet phrase? :: LOL, ROFL :)
8. What was your first thought this morning? :: What time is it? We need to go to church.
9. When do you usually go to bed? :: between 10-11pm
10. Do you smoke? If not, did you ever? :: Nope
11. Do you like your current relationship status? ::Yes, very much!
12. Do you (or did you) get along with your parents? :: Yes
13. How often do you drink alcohol? :: Occasionally
14. Have you ever tried drugs (that weren't prescribed)? :: Nope
15. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? If yes, do tell. :: No
16. If given the choice, how would you like to die? :: Peacefully, hehe!
17. What did you want to be when you grew up? :: To be a doctor
18. Have you ever been dumped? :: Nope
19. What's on your pizza? :: Meat, cheese, and some pineapple
20. Have you ever shoplifted? :: Nope
Here in our part of the world, Christmas season always comes early. As early as September, malls and stores would start displaying artificial christmas trees and decorations on their storefront, as well as play Christmas carols and songs on their PA system. Other signs are bazaars sprouting out from everywhere selling anything and everything, not to mention the sale that the malls have every week. I did a little shopping already when my sis asked me to go with her to the richwell sale. The items are not as good as last year but it still way cheaper when you buy to the malls and since I’m there already, I was able to buy a few gifts for inaanaks. I’m still on the lookout for sales since I’m not yet done shopping. This is the only time that Paul doesn’t complain when I buy things. Christmas really is the most wonderful time of the year! :)
My sister-in-law went to Batangas to drop of her dad and aunts to attend to some family matters. It’s the second time for the car to make a trip to Batangas since it was fixed from the effects of the recent floods. The car isn’t completely alright as some electrical components aren’t really working. The SIL is thinking about bringing it back to the garage – which happen to offer motorhome towing; something you don’t see everyday - to have everything working right. Maybe in the next couple of weeks. We all hope the repairs don’t take very long.
I slept late for the past two nights. The other night, I was just browsing and doing online tasks and last night, I was checking on Paul’s condition. People have been telling me that I have dark circles around my eyes but I haven’t done anything yet to lessen it. I was informed that one of the reasons for it is because I don’t get enough sleep. A friend recommended an eye cream and according to her it is the best eye cream she ever used. Maybe I should try that one too and hopefully these dark circles will be gone.
I’ve been thinking of getting a stylish eyeglass for this coming holiday. My eyeglass is very plain looking and I would like to try a different one. I saw some Holiday Fun Eyeglasses online that are really cute. I saw $8 Prescription Zenni Glasses online and they even have a lot of New Arrivals to choose from! I hope to buy one before they run out of stock. Here’s what I plan to get: :)
I was not able to join last week for part 1, but i'm joining now. Happy Sunday! Here are my answers:
26. What color is your watch? :: black
27. What do you think of when you hear “Australia”? :: sydney opera house
28. Would you strip for money? :: nope
29. Do you go in a fast food place or just hit the drive thru? :: depends on my mood and if i'm in a hurry
30. What is your favorite number? :: 14
31. Who’s the last person you talked to on the phone? :: my parents
32. Any plans today? :: i had a long day today, run for pasig river in the morning. then attended dom's 1st bday party. now, i'll go to sleep after blogging
33. In how many states have you lived? :: there are no states in my part of the world
34. Biggest annoyance right now? :: that i need to go to work tomorrow
35. Last song listened to? :: hotdog song from mickey mouse clubhouse
36. Can you say the alphabet backwards? :: nope
37. Do you have a maid service clean your house? :: we have a maid that does all household chores and also takes care of the kids
38. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? :: my oakley slippers or my crocs prima
39. Are you jealous of anyone? :: nope
40. Is anyone jealous of you? :: i don't know
41. Do you love anyone? :: of course
42. Do any of your friends have children? :: yup they do
43. What do you usually do during the day? :: i go to work from 9-6 then takes care of the kids when i get home by 7. if it's a weekend, i just stay home and bond with my kids if we don't have any plans
44. Do you hate anyone that you know right now? :: nope
45. Do you use the word hello daily? :: yes, a lot!
46. What color is your car? :: blue
47. What size wedding ring do you wear? :: 4 1/2
48. Are you thinking about someone right now? :: my dad, hoping he will call me now
49. Have you ever been to Six Flags? :: nope
50. How did you get your worst scar? ::girl scout camping
1. What was your favorite subject in high school? :: math
2. Do you watch reality shows? Which ones? :: yes, just one, the amazing race
3. What's your favorite all time reality show? :: amazing race :)
4. Do you feel "reality" shows are real or are they faked? :: sometimes i feel it's fake depending on the show
5. What did you look like when you were a teenager? :: i don't know :D
6. Whose advice do you listen to? :: parents, friends, elders
7. How often are you sick? :: not too often, but i have colds every morning, does that count?
8. Do you like or dislike change? :: i like change as long as its for the better :D
9. How many times in your life have you had a broken heart? :: 2 :)
What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
- None hehe! I have no time to read since we’re busy fixing the house because of ondoy
What movies and/or TV shows did I watch this month?
- I just watch the news
What special days did I celebrate and how?
- Hannah’s 1st birthday – we just had cake and pansit at my cousin’s house where we stayed while Paul and the rest are cleaning our house
- Lance’s and Hannah’s joint birthday party – we celebrated it at Jollibee greenmeadows. Will post about the party soon
What gifts did I give and/or receive?
- Give none. But the kids received a lot of gifts
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
- We all had cough and colds that lasted for days. Lance had diarrhea
What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
- Dinner with HS friends at giligans (bday treat from Tristan)
What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
- Cabinets and toys for the kids (courtesy of the twitter aunts)
- New mattress and sofa set since ours were destroyed too
- P&S camera
What were this month's disappointments?
- Kids getting sick.
- Our house is still not in order.
- Can’t revive the old pictures destroyed by ondoy.
What were my accomplishments this month?
- Fixing the house and restoring things back to normal
October is not a good month for us. We were hit by typhoon ondoy and the whole month of October was spent cleaning and arranging the house. The kids got sick and there were days that we slept on the floor. Nevertheless, we’re still thankful that God kept us safe and that we still have house to live in. We just hope and pray that others who got hit by the storm will be able to recover too.
I know I haven’t updated you on how we are after the flood. We’re doing ok now and our house is almost back to normal. I don’t have much time to blog because I’m quite busy with work and on weekends, I try to fix the house as much as I can. We still have some stuff in the living room and we’re still waiting for our new set of sofa. We’re hoping to put up our Christmas tree in the weeks to come. I’ll try to update you on how the kids are on my next post.