I’ve mentioned a couple of times that my high school friend will tie the knot. He’ll be getting married next week and all are set already. Paul, Lance and I are part of the entourage and we are all excited for the wedding. I’m so excited for Lance because this will be his first time and I pray that he won’t have tantrums and will walk on the aisle. He still doesn’t have a coat and I plan to buy it this Saturday together with the gift I’m planning to give the couple. I might buy gold coins as my gift for them. It was stated in their invitation that they prefer receiving cash gifts so I think gold coins is perfect! I do hope they will like it. :)
Last Saturday, Paul and I went to my friend's designer for my first fitting. As mentioned before, I will be part of their entourage and we had our measurements taken a month ago. Our fitting was scheduled at 5pm but I asked the bride if I can have mine be scheduled in the morning since I can't make it in the afternoon for we will celebrate our wedding anniversary. The bride asked to move my fitting in the morning and the designer agreed. And so last Saturday, Paul and I went to Pasig and when we got there, the cutter said my gown is not available. She said that one of their dressmakers took home my gown to put the beads and she was not able to go to work that morning because no one will take care of her child. And since there's nothing we can do, Paul and I went home. We just let the bride talk to them for my schedule.
I was really angry and disappointed. First, their place is far from where we are living and you really have to allot time going there since it's also traffic in that area. Second, we were supposed to leave our house early because we arranged for an early check in at Pen for our anniversary but we can't do so because of this fitting. Third, it's not even the owner who talked to me and apologized that my gown is not available. Even if I'm not the bride, I still am her customer. I can't help but compare her to Cecilio (my wedding couturier) who's very professional. He's always there to assist us and there was never a time that we got there and was not able to fit a gown regardless if it's for the bride or the part of the entourage.
Anyhow, last night the bride accompanied me, the groom's mom and sister for fitting. Finally I was able to fit the gown. And contrary to what they said last Sat, my gown is still bare. As in no beads at all! They even tried to cut some portions of the gown which means it is really not finished yet. Haayy…so disappointing. I just hope the finished material will look good as what she promised because it's not cheap ha! I did not tell the bride my comments anymore because I don't want to add to her stress but if I were to ask if I will recommend this designer, I won't! She definitely did not impress me.
When I was still a student, my favorite subject was Math. I love solving problems and coming up with solutions to arrive with one answer. And one of the math subjects that I like solving is Algebra 1. Even during high school days I prefer solving those kinds of problems compared to Trigonometry. Even some of my classmates ask for my help when ever we have seat works. There was even a time that our instructor scolded us because we were comparing answers. LOL!
And because of my love for math (and also because I failed on the exam for the medical course I plan to take), I ended up taking Engineering. This is also because I was encouraged by my brother to take up this course. Anyhow, since my course is engineering, we have plenty of math subjects such as Trigonometry, Algebra 2, Differential and Integral Calculus, and so on. And just like during high school, some of my classmates are having a hard time arriving at Algebra 2 Answers whenever we have exams. Some seek online help for tutoring and I’m glad there are sites that offer those kinds of services at a cheaper rate. It really is a big help to the students. :)
1. Have you ever wondered why snakes can't slither backwards? :: nope, i'm scared of snakes so i don't have any interest on what it can and cannot do :)
2. Is divorce contagious? :: nope
3. Do you enjoy hiking? :: yes
4. Is there a color of a shirt a man should just never wear? :: none i think
5. Have you read a news story this week that just made your blood boil? :: the 2 yr old child who smokes and is being encouraged by his father
6. Do you keep old business cards or name tags from companies you have worked for? :: yes
7. If you could save an endangered species, which one would it be? :: are tarsiers endangered species already? if so, that's what i'm going to save
8. When is it warm enough outside for you to start wearing shorts? :: it's always hot here in the Philippines so I always wear shorts
9. Have you ever broken a window? :: nope
10. Do dogs in your neighborhood howl when they hear sirens from police cars or fire trucks? :: yes
11. Have you tried doing something as an adult that you used to be able to do as a kid? :: cartwheel! i can do it when i was a child, and i saw my son do it. so i tried to do it too but i failed and i felt dizzy after :D
You Are Energetic
You jump out of bed ready to face the world and any challenges that come your way.
You're full of optimism and drive. You keep going, even when the world seems stacked against you.
You are bright and funny. You have an unstoppable spirt that other people admire.
At the end of the day, you collapse into bed - happy with what you've achieved and with who you are.
That’s what my colleague asked me a few days ago. She said if I have extra money, where will I invest it? Their family business is gold jewelry and she said that it’s a profitable business. They make necklaces, bracelets, rings, etc and some of my colleagues order to them. And my engagement ring, partnered with my earrings and also our wedding rings came from them too. Anyhow, she said they plan to buy gold coins as part of their investment too since based from experience, the value of gold does not depreciate. If only I have extra money, I would have invested it in gold too!
To many, the workplace is among the top sources of stress. Here are tips on how to get through each workday intact.
- Get adequate breaks during the working day. Stop for a drink or go outside for a walk.
- Talk with your colleagues, manager, union representatives, friend, or partner about what is causing your stress.
- Remember the basic building blocks to avoid stress: learn relaxation techniques, exercise, eat well, and get a good night’s sleep.
- Be optimistic. Believe that the problems causing you stress are solvable and that things will get better.
- Ask for new tasks if you are stuck on boring, repetitive, or meaningless ones.
- Connect with your colleagues. Take time to talk to them about their work and yours. You may be able to help each other when workloads are heavy, or give each other sympathy and moral support. Technology is a prime cause of stress. Not every email needs an instant response. Just because you can check your work emails during the weekend doesn’t mean you should. Turn off your mobile phone or don’t answer work calls outside of working hours.
Businesses can use various avenues to gain the attention of customers: television and radio commercials, social media, billboards, pamphlets, postcards, and custom stickers. One of the most inexpensive ways to reach a wide audience is to employ the skills of a custom sticker printing company to create an image or brand that consumers can easily identify with your business. The following tips will help you choose a design that's in your budget.
Initially, you have to think about how and where your stickers will be posted. Paper stickers are for one-time use and come in several varieties and colors. Glossy, metallic, matte, and neon are just a few of the options that are available. If your sticker is intended to be long-lasting or placed outdoors, go with vinyl, which tends to be a little more expensive but lasts much longer. To make vinyl stickers last even longer, opt for laminated vinyl, which involves applying a thin sheath of clear plastic to the sticker.
Custom stickers can be made in all manner of shapes, from standard shapes like circles, squares, and ovals to intricate, custom shapes known as die cuts. Die cut shapes are cut out of a material by a custom made die; it's similar to cutting cookies with a cutter. Die cut stickers are usually very expensive and are not recommended for mass advertising. It's more prudent to use standard shapes which are less expensive. Print time will also be much faster with standard shapes.
Most printing companies can print in many different colors. Using standard ink colors will save time and money as opposed to using specialized colors. Process color, or four-color, is applied when printing photo-quality stickers. It's best to go with standard colors for your budget's sake. When you visit a custom sticker printing shop, apply these tips to your design and your stickers will be worth the investment.
Our country is celebrating holiday today in recognition of our Independence Day last Saturday. I’m really happy whenever we have Monday offs because I get to play and spend more time with my family.
Today we are going to the mall to buy some school stuffs for Lance. He still doesn’t have school shoes so we will be getting him that, then we also need to buy socks, briefs, rain coat and water jug. As for the Hannah, we need to buy her new sandals. I hope there won’t be too many people at the malls today. :D
I remember when I was still a senior in my high school days and graduating soon. My parents were asking me what course to take and giving me advises as to which field I should go. I really have no idea yet what I want and if only I can research college degrees at that time, like that of College Degrees Today, I would have done so. Anyhow, I was choosing between the medical or engineering. I did not pass my entrance exam in PT on one of the top universities here so I ended up with engineering, of which I have no regrets taking. I do hope though that the incoming college freshmen now seriously thought about the course they will take because their future will depend on it.
1. Having long weekend feels great.
2. The solution is prayer.
3. I fall asleep earlier than I used to.
4. How about giving the employees a raise in their salaries?
5. Earning while blogging is something I highly recommend!
6. Imagine life without God. That's pretty scary!
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to playing with the kids, tomorrow my plans include meeting my high school friends and Sunday, I want to go to the mall!
My friends online started betting as to when our friend will give birth. Her EDD is on June 27 and everyone is guessing when she will pop. Bet is at $5 plus Joy (the preggy friend) will add $10 more. As of this writing the pot money is now at $80! I hope she gives birth on the 20th because that's my bet hehe! We're all looking forward as to when she'll deliver but most of all we pray for her safe delivery and for good health for her baby.
I have to hand it to her, she really made it more appealing to the eye – and we didn’t even ask her to do it. It’s one of her hobbies. She’ll sometimes ask friends and relatives if she can have some plants or flowers if she sees something that strikes her fancy. The next day, you’ll just see the new plant in one of the window plant boxes around the house. My dad had a green thumb too – too bad I didn’t get that same ability, else I could also help with the plant and flowers in the garden.
If you want to win a watch like the above, join this contest. Just answer:
"What are your suggestions or wishes for the new administration?"
"I wish that all who won in the elections will truly do their part and fulfill their promises to the Filipinos in making our country a better place. We suffered enough already and it's about time that these politicians make up for it."