It’s the last day of one of my colleagues here in the office. And yesterday, another one from the same department filed her resignation. And so now, HR is on the lookout for two accountants to replace the two who resigned. If you know someone who’s interested, leave a message here so I can tell our HR to contact you.
That’s what keeping me busy if you see me working on my laptop every night after office. That and some online tasks hehe! I’m trying to make the first year photo book of my kids and I’m almost done already. I don’t scrap so my books are just simple albums lang. I’m done with Hannah’s book and now I’m doing Lance’s book. I need to finish this asap for my 8x8 free coupon will expire soon and I still need to finish making a photobook of the kids for my mom. That is what I plan to give her for mother’s day. I do hope I’ll be able to finish everything asap and my gift for my mom will arrive on time.
I'm joining Maver's contest again because she's giving away three of these:
Here's my answer to her question What was your commitment to the environment?
- Read joke books and other funny reading materials. Watch funny movies and appreciate the humor. Catch shows of people who are funny, either on radio or TV.
- Remember not to take yourself too seriously.
- Run away from negative, grouchy people. Surround yourself with fun-loving individuals. It is more inspiring to hear someone reply to the question “How are you?” with “Here I am, enjoying the life to the fullest!” rather than, “Here I am, surviving.”
- Always count your blessings. Look at the doughnut, not the hole. See the glass as half full, not half empty.
- Relist the present, whatever it may be. Be totally in the moment. There is always something funny to behold. Don’t be too focused on the past or the future.
- Spend time with children. They are very good teachers of laughter. They can do the most mundane things and make you laugh, especially when they start imitating their mentors.
- Keep intact a portion of yourself and let it stay as that of a 6-year-old. Let your child-like sidekick into your laughter module. Make it part of your own way of coping with any turmoil in your mind and heart.
- Protect your happiness. We get stressed when we want to be right and press our point. But do you always want to be correct, or do you always want to be happy?
And...here we go!
1. Where are my files?
2. If wishes were horses I hope it won't run away.
3. I'd like to see my HS friends, it's been some time since I last saw them .
4. When I was a teen, I thought life is easy.
5. One of my mother's favorite sayings was pray often, God is listening to us.
6. I'd have a hard time doing without my laptop and internet connection.
7. And as for the weekend, tonight I'm looking forward to going home early to play with the kids, tomorrow my plans include attending Sam's 1st bday party and Sunday, I want to go to mass since we were not able to hear mass last weekend!
more entries here
You Are Rock
Powerful and overbearing, you intimidate people with your presence.
People know they can't push you around, and they respect that.
Deep down, you are calm, confident, and unmovable.
You take everything pretty seriously, and you think deeply about all aspects of your life.
You tend to feel smothered by paper people.
You don't mind crushing the spirit of a scissors person.
When you fight, you: Use all of your strength
If someone makes you mad: You're likely to throw something at them
I admit, until now I still don’t know how to apply make-up. I’m thankful that most of the women in our office don’t put make-up also so I am not pressured. Hehe! But still, I’d like to learn how to put them on, even the simple ones so that whenever I attend a formal gathering or some event that requires me to be more presentable, I can easily do them myself and that I don’t have to go to a salon anymore. One of my HS batch mate knows how to put on make-up and even made it her career. She said she learned just by watching videos then trying them on to her and got the hang of it until she can perfectly come up with a beautiful face. She said she knows that there are still a lot to learn so she wants to go to a cosmetology school in Texas since she heard good feedbacks about the school and she knows that she will learn a lot from it and be better with her craft. Plus the school has a program where students undergo training to provide high-quality and discounted salon services to the public. This program is being supervised by someone from the faculty. I really hope my batch mate will achieve her dream and be better with what she’s doing now.
It is 1:30am in my part of the world and here I am still in front of the pc. Thank God for laptops, I can browse even if I’m in my bed. I just finished preparing our stuff for tomorrow’s outing with the family and we need to wake up early since we will meet the rest of the clan somewhere in SLEX at dawn. All the kids’ milks and bottles together with the medicines are inside the bag already. Clothes and other stuff are in another bag. I also brought our nebulizer in case we need it. And now here I am blogging since I’m not sleepy yet. I don’t know if I’ll still go to sleep or just wait till everybody’s awake and just sleep on our way to the resort since I won’t be the one driving. We are all excited for this outing. I hope everybody will enjoy especially the kids. :)
You can feel just by the heat that summer is definitely here. This means most private companies would be conducting their annual summer outing so a lot of the resorts are already booked for the whole season. Aside from the availability, things to look out for are the amenities and activities available for the guests like atv racing, wakeboarding, sauna and spa among others. The various activities will surely make the summer outing more enjoyable for all.
My friends and I were talking about where to put our money wisely (as if I have a lot hahaha!). Some said we should put up a business while others suggest we invest them in stocks while some said have a time deposit. Honestly, I don’t have that much money but if in case I do, I will buy gold coins as one of my investments. Euros gain against the US dollar making gold a wise investment. Gold is gaining its value as the dollar decreases so this is really the right time. Maybe I should tell my friends about this and tell them also about the SPDR gold trust that said to have increased for the first time. That only means this is really a good investment.
Some of my friends have decided to go offline as their form of sacrifice this Lenten Season. I on the other hand sacrificed drinking coke or any soft drinks this week and at the same time will join in the “Alay Lakad” in our province tomorrow. I also promise myself that I’ll make sure I’ll pray the rosary (and won’t fall asleep while praying) from today till Sunday. I really have this desire to pray the rosary everyday but whenever I pray, I always fall asleep before I finish. This time, I determined to finish the whole rosary and will make sure that I’ll still be awake to the very end. How about you? I hope we all strive to be good and prayerful people all the time.
You Are Flexible
During your downtime, you like to find something new to experience and to inspire you.
You secretly wish that you could be a more successful person. Being rich is a dream of yours.
You get easily annoyed by the world and other people. You wish people would be more responsible and conscientious.
You are inspired by a mismatch of things. You never know what is going to get you thinking, and your mind tends to be racing.