Until now, I have not been to any bazaar and its middle of December already, and because of that I am not yet complete with my gifts to my godchildren. My sister and I plan to shop on Sunday and hopefully there is still a bazaar at the NBC tent. I hope I can find a Dansko shoes there for that’s what I plan to give to my 10yr old godson. I am also looking for a gift for my two other godchildren and I hope to score a nice blouse too. We’ll see, I really hope I’ll be able to find everything I need on Sunday.
We will have our department’s Christmas party next Friday and I am not yet done shopping for gifts to my co-employees. I already have gifts for the female but for the male employees, I have no idea what to give them, perhaps a Black and Mild cigars, but I’m not sure if they smoke. :D My last option is to give them food which I hope they will like. :)
Our passport will be expiring soon so Paul and I are planning to renew it before the year ends coz that’s when most people are busy with Christmas and we’re hoping that DFA will be able to assist us faster. We also plan to get a passport for Hannah since Lance has one already. If we have passports already, we hope to have a family vacation but we still don’t have a destination yet hehe! We plan to live like those of myrtle beach condo rentals so that our stay will be more fun. I hope our vacation plans will push thru but for now, we need to have our passports renewed first. :)
I have several dinners scheduled this December to meet my friends. This will also serve as our Christmas party already. I have dinner with officemates, then HS and College friends. I was chatting with one of my HS friends and was asking him when will he be back from his orlando vacations so that he can join us in the dinner. He said he’ll be here by 2nd week of December so we scheduled our dinner on that weekend. My Saturdays from 1st week to 3rd week of December are booked already for dinners. I’m sure I will gain weight again this coming holidays. I better hit the gym again on January.
Last Saturday, me and my family went to Batangas with my sister for my uncle’s death anniversary. Almost all of my cousins went there too. We decided to leave early in the morning because we expect there will be heavy traffic due to the long weekend. I woke up at 12 midnight to prepare our things and also to check whatever clothes I can give to my relatives staying in the province. I was able to finish preparing by 1:30 and decided not to sleep anymore because we will wake up at 3am since we’re planning to leave the house at 4am. Because I was not able to sleep much that night, people noticed the dark circles under eyes and even my aunt advised me what to put on it to lessen the darkness. The kids had so much fun playing on the grounds, and even Hannah played with them too. We left Batangas at 6:30pm and got home by 10. It was one fun-filled day. :)
1. When is your birthday? :: March
2. Where were you born? :: Batangas
3. Where do you live now? :: Marikina
4. What is your heritage? :: Asian
5. Tell us about a weakness. :: I'm scared of snakes
6. What's a goal that you'd like to achieve? :: Have my own house
7. What is the most overused internet phrase? :: LOL, ROFL :)
8. What was your first thought this morning? :: What time is it? We need to go to church.
9. When do you usually go to bed? :: between 10-11pm
10. Do you smoke? If not, did you ever? :: Nope
11. Do you like your current relationship status? ::Yes, very much!
12. Do you (or did you) get along with your parents? :: Yes
13. How often do you drink alcohol? :: Occasionally
14. Have you ever tried drugs (that weren't prescribed)? :: Nope
15. Have you ever gone skinny dipping? If yes, do tell. :: No
16. If given the choice, how would you like to die? :: Peacefully, hehe!
17. What did you want to be when you grew up? :: To be a doctor
18. Have you ever been dumped? :: Nope
19. What's on your pizza? :: Meat, cheese, and some pineapple
20. Have you ever shoplifted? :: Nope
Here in our part of the world, Christmas season always comes early. As early as September, malls and stores would start displaying artificial christmas trees and decorations on their storefront, as well as play Christmas carols and songs on their PA system. Other signs are bazaars sprouting out from everywhere selling anything and everything, not to mention the sale that the malls have every week. I did a little shopping already when my sis asked me to go with her to the richwell sale. The items are not as good as last year but it still way cheaper when you buy to the malls and since I’m there already, I was able to buy a few gifts for inaanaks. I’m still on the lookout for sales since I’m not yet done shopping. This is the only time that Paul doesn’t complain when I buy things. Christmas really is the most wonderful time of the year! :)
My sister-in-law went to Batangas to drop of her dad and aunts to attend to some family matters. It’s the second time for the car to make a trip to Batangas since it was fixed from the effects of the recent floods. The car isn’t completely alright as some electrical components aren’t really working. The SIL is thinking about bringing it back to the garage – which happen to offer motorhome towing; something you don’t see everyday - to have everything working right. Maybe in the next couple of weeks. We all hope the repairs don’t take very long.
I slept late for the past two nights. The other night, I was just browsing and doing online tasks and last night, I was checking on Paul’s condition. People have been telling me that I have dark circles around my eyes but I haven’t done anything yet to lessen it. I was informed that one of the reasons for it is because I don’t get enough sleep. A friend recommended an eye cream and according to her it is the best eye cream she ever used. Maybe I should try that one too and hopefully these dark circles will be gone.
I’ve been thinking of getting a stylish eyeglass for this coming holiday. My eyeglass is very plain looking and I would like to try a different one. I saw some Holiday Fun Eyeglasses online that are really cute. I saw $8 Prescription Zenni Glasses online and they even have a lot of New Arrivals to choose from! I hope to buy one before they run out of stock. Here’s what I plan to get: :)
I was not able to join last week for part 1, but i'm joining now. Happy Sunday! Here are my answers:
26. What color is your watch? :: black
27. What do you think of when you hear “Australia”? :: sydney opera house
28. Would you strip for money? :: nope
29. Do you go in a fast food place or just hit the drive thru? :: depends on my mood and if i'm in a hurry
30. What is your favorite number? :: 14
31. Who’s the last person you talked to on the phone? :: my parents
32. Any plans today? :: i had a long day today, run for pasig river in the morning. then attended dom's 1st bday party. now, i'll go to sleep after blogging
33. In how many states have you lived? :: there are no states in my part of the world
34. Biggest annoyance right now? :: that i need to go to work tomorrow
35. Last song listened to? :: hotdog song from mickey mouse clubhouse
36. Can you say the alphabet backwards? :: nope
37. Do you have a maid service clean your house? :: we have a maid that does all household chores and also takes care of the kids
38. Favorite pair of shoes you wear all the time? :: my oakley slippers or my crocs prima
39. Are you jealous of anyone? :: nope
40. Is anyone jealous of you? :: i don't know
41. Do you love anyone? :: of course
42. Do any of your friends have children? :: yup they do
43. What do you usually do during the day? :: i go to work from 9-6 then takes care of the kids when i get home by 7. if it's a weekend, i just stay home and bond with my kids if we don't have any plans
44. Do you hate anyone that you know right now? :: nope
45. Do you use the word hello daily? :: yes, a lot!
46. What color is your car? :: blue
47. What size wedding ring do you wear? :: 4 1/2
48. Are you thinking about someone right now? :: my dad, hoping he will call me now
49. Have you ever been to Six Flags? :: nope
50. How did you get your worst scar? ::girl scout camping
1. What was your favorite subject in high school? :: math
2. Do you watch reality shows? Which ones? :: yes, just one, the amazing race
3. What's your favorite all time reality show? :: amazing race :)
4. Do you feel "reality" shows are real or are they faked? :: sometimes i feel it's fake depending on the show
5. What did you look like when you were a teenager? :: i don't know :D
6. Whose advice do you listen to? :: parents, friends, elders
7. How often are you sick? :: not too often, but i have colds every morning, does that count?
8. Do you like or dislike change? :: i like change as long as its for the better :D
9. How many times in your life have you had a broken heart? :: 2 :)
What books and/or magazines did I read this month?
- None hehe! I have no time to read since we’re busy fixing the house because of ondoy
What movies and/or TV shows did I watch this month?
- I just watch the news
What special days did I celebrate and how?
- Hannah’s 1st birthday – we just had cake and pansit at my cousin’s house where we stayed while Paul and the rest are cleaning our house
- Lance’s and Hannah’s joint birthday party – we celebrated it at Jollibee greenmeadows. Will post about the party soon
What gifts did I give and/or receive?
- Give none. But the kids received a lot of gifts
What illnesses or health concerns did I have?
- We all had cough and colds that lasted for days. Lance had diarrhea
What fun things did I do with my friends and/or family?
- Dinner with HS friends at giligans (bday treat from Tristan)
What new foods, recipes or restaurants did I try this month?
What special or unusual purchases did I make?
- Cabinets and toys for the kids (courtesy of the twitter aunts)
- New mattress and sofa set since ours were destroyed too
- P&S camera
What were this month's disappointments?
- Kids getting sick.
- Our house is still not in order.
- Can’t revive the old pictures destroyed by ondoy.
What were my accomplishments this month?
- Fixing the house and restoring things back to normal
October is not a good month for us. We were hit by typhoon ondoy and the whole month of October was spent cleaning and arranging the house. The kids got sick and there were days that we slept on the floor. Nevertheless, we’re still thankful that God kept us safe and that we still have house to live in. We just hope and pray that others who got hit by the storm will be able to recover too.
I know I haven’t updated you on how we are after the flood. We’re doing ok now and our house is almost back to normal. I don’t have much time to blog because I’m quite busy with work and on weekends, I try to fix the house as much as I can. We still have some stuff in the living room and we’re still waiting for our new set of sofa. We’re hoping to put up our Christmas tree in the weeks to come. I’ll try to update you on how the kids are on my next post.
Do you know where I can buy the best eye wrinkle cream? I’m so stressed with work and with what happened to us during typhoon ondoy that it shows in my eyes. My friends said I should try to relax and take things one at a time because if not, I’ll look like a zombie! And that’s what I’m trying to do now. I try to take things one day at a time and hopefully I’ll be able to finish everything I want to do. Wish me luck!
I have so many things to do here at work and I feel like it’s up to my neck already. And I’m not in the mood to work! Haay… I can’t rely on my staff yet since she’s still new and I need to train her pa and I don’t feel like working. Sometimes, when I’m here in the office, I’m thinking of our house coz I really want to fix it na and organize our things so that my kids won’t get sick anymore and will have more space to run around and play. I really hope we will be able to put things back to normal at home and I also pray that I’ll be motivated to work again. My audit is fast approaching and there really is so much to do! Help!!!
We were able to celebrate the kids’ party yesterday. God answered our prayers and provided us with a good weather. The sun was shining and not a single drop of rain fell from the sky!
There were only a few who made it to the party. Some texted that they won’t be able to come while others were stuck in traffic because there was a marathon held in
We have so many excess foods since I think only half of the people we invited were able to come and so Paul and I gave them to the street children near our house. J I’ll post again next time to share with you how the party went.
The pedia said it's because of the dust and molds brought by the recent typhoon. She advised us to scrub the walls and bleach them and throw away all foams that got soaked in the flood. She also prescribed some medicines that the kids should take and asked us to come back next week.
I admit our house is still in total chaos and we're still trying to get things in order. We threw away the foams already and we cleaned our room again today. I really hope everything will be back to normal and that the kids will get well really soon.
You Are Spontaneous and Whimsical
You are a seeker. You often find yourself restless - and you have a lot of questions about life.
You tend to travel often, to fairly random locations. You're most comfortable when you're far away from home.
You are quite passionate and easily tempted. Your impulses sometimes get you into trouble.
You are well rounded, with a complete perspective on life.
You are solid and dependable. You are loyal, and people can count on you.
At times, you can be a bit too serious. You tend to put too much pressure on yourself.
You are very intuitive and wise. You understand the world better than most people.
You also have a very active imagination. You often get carried away with your thoughts.
You are prone to a little paranoia and jealousy. You sometimes go overboard in interpreting signals.
You tend to be pretty tightly wound. It's easy to get you excited... which can be a good or bad thing.
You have a lot of enthusiasm, but it fades rather quickly. You don't stick with any one thing for very long.
You have the drive to accomplish a lot in a short amount of time. Your biggest problem is making sure you finish the projects you start.
My cousin was asking me where he can get nice but very affordable prescription glasses and I told her that I saw a site that offers $ 8 Rx eyeglasses. She immediately checked it and even saw a video that tells some tips on How You Can Start Spending Smart. I also showed her My favorite high fashion eyeglasses, and she liked it too. She said she’ll purchase one as soon as she decides on the style. Below are her options:
Hi! I'm back to work and back online after two weeks. As you all know, we were affected by typhoon Ondoy. I'll post next time what happened to us. I just want to thank everyone for your concern. We’re still cleaning and repairing the house, still doing the laundry and washing everything. There’s really so much to do so please bear with me as I won’t be able to update this blog as much as I want to. Until my next post. :)
An officemate is trying to buy insurance for her 65-year old father and it seems insuring the elderly require more expensive premiums, since basically, you are looking at a short payment range and short shelf life. So we are trying to look for cheap life insurance for senior citizens, even health insurance plans are so expensive and so strict. I know it's practical for business but a bit unfair since the elderly, like babies, need them the most.
One of the more popular things to give to men lately are Garmin GPS for their cars. Actually it can very much pass for a family gift too since most women drive cars too. I know a friend who knows how to drive but is so very terrible with directions! She needs a map, or a detailed written instruction on how to get where or else she gets lost and is late for appointments!
On Friday, people from our Human Resources group are going to check the weight of the employees who were included in the 120 days wellness program. I am part of the program but I think I haven’t lost weight yet that I’m thinking of taking alli starting tomorrow hoping that it might have an effect before the weekend. Too bad, part of the rule is for contestants to lose weight naturally without taking any medication. But if in case, I am not included in the program, I’m sure I’ll be taking those diet pills. I really, really need to lose weight!
I have a big one on my right cheek and Paul has 3 on his face, one on the forehead and 2 on the cheeks. He was telling me that his pimples hurt and are sometimes itchy that I asked him if he needs acne treatment. He said he can still handle it and he just needs to clean his face everyday. As of today, my pimple is gone already while his are starting to wear off. I hope we won’t have pimple breakout again!
Last week, we went to visit Paul’s uncle in Pampanga. We went there with Patrick and Family and we just met at the gas station in NLEX. I told Paul I’d like to drive on the way to Pampanga since I haven’t driven at NLEX. Hehe! All I can say is wow! I hope SLEX will be like that since we often travel going to Batangas. Road trip will be much fun if the road condition at SLEX is like that of NLEX, hopefully soon!
Anyway, Paul was glad upon seeing his uncle since he was still in college the last time he saw him. I on the other hand, saw him 4 years ago when we went to Tarlac with my FIL, and Paul was in Taiwan then. The kids naman had fun since they get to see other children. Lance played with his cousins outside the house while Hannah had fun walking.
We left Pampanga by 4pm and Paul was the one who drove since the kids were tired from playing. I’m glad I wasn’t the one driving for when we got to balintawak, traffic was bad! Hehe! Can’t remember what time we got home but all of us were tired and immediately went to sleep and rest. :)
1. The phone rings. Who will it to be? :: My parents
2. When shopping at the grocery store, do you return your cart? :: Nope :)
3. In a social setting, are you more of a talker or a listener? :: I think I'm more of a listener.
4. Do you take compliments well? :: I think so
5. Do you play Sudoku? :: I used to
6. If abandoned alone in the wilderness, would you survive? :: I guess
7. Did you ever go to camp as a kid? :: I did, I was a girl scout when I was in grade school and I always join the camping trips.
8. What was your favorite game as a kid? :: Patintero, it's a popular street game here in the Philippines
9. If a sexy person was pursuing you, but you knew she was married, would you? :: Nope
10. Could you date someone with different religious beliefs than you? :: Nope
11. Do you like to pursue or be pursued? :: Be pursued
12. Use three words to describe yourself? :: Nice, Fat, and Sweet :)
13. Do any songs make you cry? :: Yes, a lot of songs make me cry
14. Are you continuing your education? :: Not right now
15. Do you know how to shoot a gun? :: Yes
16. Have you ever taken pictures in a photo booth? :: Yup
17. How often do you read books? :: As often as I can
18. Do you think more about the past, present or future? :: the future
19. What is your favorite children’s book? :: Guess How Much I Love You
20.What color are your eyes? :: brown
21. How tall are you? :: 5'2"
22. Where is your dream house located? :: Forbes Park hahaha!
23. If your house was on fire, what would be the first thing you grabbed? :: If my children are out of the house already, what I will grab would be my bag full of documents
24. When was the last time you were at Olive Garden? :: Haven't been there :)
25. Where was the furthest place you traveled today? :: Today? grocery
26. Do you like mustard? :: Nope
If you are looking for a place to bring your kids to have some activities or exercise instead of just playing the computer, then this is the place to be! They have, as mentioned, a giant slide, a basketball ring, suspension bridges and tunnels and a whole lot more! Babies like Hannah's age can play at the area where they can go swimming in the pools of balls.
They also have party packages if you want your children to celebrate their birthday there. Their package consists of invitation, nametags, loot bags, kiddie meals, ice cream, cake, banner and unlimited play and this is just the basic. Their packages varies depending on the number of children. If you like to book a party or have other inquiries, you may contact them at 332-3929 or 215-9891.
And here are the mommy bloggers together with Active Fun's manager Apple Morales who was so nice she even gave us free snacks while the kids are playing and loot for the kids when they're done! :)
*The last two photos are courtesy of Joy.
A good friend gave me this:
I’m fond of watching tv series in dvd. I watched Alias, One Tree Hill, The OC, Grey’s Anatomy, Chuck, and Prison Break, which I just finished watching a couple of days ago. Those series really kept me awake all night whenever I watch them. It’s as if I can’t make myself stop unless I’m finished with the series that I almost always end up sleepy the following day at work. Hahaha!
And last night, I started watching Fringe. I liked their pilot episode plus I still find Joshua Jackson hot so I’m sure this is now the new source of my sleepless nights hehehe! J