A lot of people I know are investing at Las Vegas. My uncle recently bought a house there because that is where he wants to reside upon retirement. A few celebrities here in my country also have an investment there. As for me, if given the chance to visit the place, I’d love to see their hotels, all other attractions the city has to offer and of course playing at the casinos. Who knows I might be lucky and win! :)
1. Name one person who made you laugh last night? Paul
2. What were you doing at 0800? Preparing for work
3. What were you doing 30 minutes ago? Having lunch
4. What happened to you in 2006? Gave birth to Lance
5. What was the last thing you said out loud? "Kelangan natin ng mas malaking budget" (was on a meeting for our Christmas party)
6. How many beverages did you have today? 1 glass of milo, 2 glasses of water
7. What color is your hairbrush? i use comb, it's blue and white
8. What was the last thing you paid for? jeepney fare
9. Where were you last night? at home
10. What color is your front door? off white
11. Where do you keep your change? coin purse
12. What’s the weather like today? cloudy
13. What’s the best ice-cream flavor? anything with chocolate
14. What excites you? seeing new developments on Lance, traveling and shopping
15. Do you want to cut your hair? Not right now
16. Are you over the age of 25? yes
17. Do you talk a lot? i think so, depends on who i'm talking to
18. Do you watch the O.C.? yes, sometimes
19. Do you know anyone named Steven? yes, my husband's second name is steven
20. Do you make up your own words? i don't think so
21. Are you a jealous person? i think so
22. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘A’. Angie
23. Name a friend whose name starts with the letter ‘K’. Kristine
24. Who’s the first person on your received call list? my cousin Micholle
25. What does the last text message you received say? "44.061" i asked my officemate what's the peso-dollar rate today
26. Do you chew on your straw? No
27. Do you have curly hair? No
28. Where’s the next place you’re going to? Home
29. Who’s the rudest person in your life? None
30. What was the last thing you ate? Chocolate muffin (yummy!)
31. Will you get married in the future? I am married
32. What’s the best movie you’ve seen in the past 2 weeks? None. I think the last movie I saw was HP5 (pathetic no! hehe!)
33. Is there anyone you like right now? None
34. When was the last time you did the dishes? a few minutes ago :)
35. Are you currently depressed? No
36. Did you cry today? No
37. Why did you answer and post this? Was tagged by Kelly
38. I’m tagging anyone who wants to do this :)
Lance had his 1st Trick or Treat last Saturday at The Fort. He went there as Tigger and I love his costume. Ang cute nya! (syempre love my own!) Hehe! We were there at and there are kids playing already. The venue is at the Boni High Street between B2 and B3 buildings. There are booths for face painting, pop the balloon, ring toss, etc. Of course, Lance can’t participate on those games yet but he sure had fun walking on the grass and playing on the stones.
The organizers even had a contest for cutest costume, scariest costume and most creative costume. Di ko nga alam na may contest pala. And Lance was called as semi-finalist for the cutest costume, hehe! He didn’t win but it’s ok. We did not go there naman for the contest eh, we just want Lance to have fun.
Around we were called na to visit the stores for trick or treat. Kids were grouped according to name tags and were asked to fall in line. We belong to the group of the ghosts and we went to several stores like Timezone, Big and Small, Figaro, Krispy Kreme, and I can’t remember the other stores. We got dough nuts and of course a lot of candies. Paul and I got tired since we alternately carry Lance from one store to another but it definitely was fun. Until the next trick or treat…
As I’ve mentioned in one of my previous posts before, I haven’t been to a casino. I just saw what it looks like from television shows and movies that I’ve seen. And also from stories from one of my cousins who work in one of the casinos in the
I don’t have a copy yet of the first few episodes of prison breaks season 3. But I watched 2 episodes already at CS channel. They started airing it last week and I’m glued to the tv again. Hehe! This is one of the shows I love watching (aside from Grey’s Anatomy and of course Marimar lolz!) I pity the Scofield brothers and my heart goes to Went. (well dati pa naman haha!) I can’t wait for the next episodes; I even read the synopsis from the site. Haayy… I hope I’ll find a copy soon, kakabitin manood pag once a week lang, mas masaya yung marathon. Hehe!
And guests had a great time too, including us. That’s the first time I saw Chubster and he did great in entertaining the kids too. Pero mas type ko si Bobi, hehe! They also had a bubble show and nainggit ako, hehe! Because that’s how the bubble show should be, not the same way Lance had during his party. That’s a different story. Anyway, happy birthday to Kirsten and wishing you more years to come!!!
the birthday girl about to blow the cake
they're just two weeks apart
paul and lance inside the bubbles
I helped one of my cousins move his stuff to his new house. So there we were moving all their furniture and other stuff; from the old house to the truck, and the new house and back again. All that moving made a lot of scratches on the truck bed. There were even areas on the truck bed were the paint had already faded and were already showing bare metal. The truck sustained all that damage just because it had no bedliner. If I had a truck, I would surely fit it with a truck bed liner. The bed is an integral part of the truck, so it makes perfect sense to protect it from damage. STK bedliners are manufactured with high-quality materials, resulting in surprising durability. Ease of installation and the skid resistant surface are additional factors that make this a very good buy.
You are outgoing and playful - always seeing the happy side to life. You're enthusiastic and excitable. You love anything new. Multi-talented, you do many things well... and find success easy. You prefer to keep things light with others. Opening up is hard for you. At Your Best: You are deeply involved in each experience. You appreciate life for what it is, and you take the time to enjoy each moment. At Your Worst: You are greedy, self centered, impulsive, and insatiable. Your Fixation: Gluttony Your Primary Fear: Deprivation and pain Your Primary Desire: To be satisfied and content Other Number 7's: Howard Stern, Cameron Diaz, Robin Williams, Jim Carey, and Jenny Mccarthy.
You Are 7: The Enthusiast
You are outgoing and playful - always seeing the happy side to life.
You're enthusiastic and excitable. You love anything new.
Multi-talented, you do many things well... and find success easy.
You prefer to keep things light with others. Opening up is hard for you.
At Your Best: You are deeply involved in each experience. You appreciate life for what it is, and you take the time to enjoy each moment.
At Your Worst: You are greedy, self centered, impulsive, and insatiable.
Your Fixation: Gluttony
Your Primary Fear: Deprivation and pain
Your Primary Desire: To be satisfied and content
Other Number 7's: Howard Stern, Cameron Diaz, Robin Williams, Jim Carey, and Jenny Mccarthy.
I’ll be meeting my high school friends later for dinner. One of our friends arrived from
Name a great website you would recommend to others
Babycenter.com This is where I get updates about how a child is progressing and I compare my son to the updates to know if he's developing accordingly. They also have updates on pregnancy.
On a scale of 1-10 (with 10 being the highest), how often do you dream at night?
5, I dream every now and then but expect me to forget what my dream was all about when I wake up.
Did you have a pet as a child? If so, what kind and what was its name?
Yup, I have a dog and I call him Pipo.
If you had the chance to star in a commercial, what would you choose to advertise?
About breastfeeding :) (not that i want to show off my boobies because i'm not really gifted! lolz!) Seriously, I envy those who were able to breastfeed their babies for a long time because I breastfed my baby for less than a month only. :(
What is your favorite kind of hard candy?
I eat any kind of candy that's available but I'm more into chocolates.
Have you experienced waking up in the morning and seeing your pillow and bed with strands of hair? Or after taking a shower and upon washing your hair, there are strands left in your fingers? And more strands left when you comb your hair? I did! And it really scared me especially the first time I saw our bed. It scared me more when I swept the floor one day and saw strands of hair under our bed. It’s not that I’m getting bald but of course I want my hair to be just as what it is now.
Like what they say, our hair is our crowning glory. Our overall look matters and our hair is a big contribution to it. So we must take care of it and make sure we won’t experience hair loss. I’ve been searching the net for products that will help me with my problem. I stumble upon provillus. Based on reviews, it aggressively seeds the scalp to create the optimum environment for new, healthy hairs. It supplies the proper nutrition required to bring damaged, dead hair follicles back to life. People who used it gave really great reviews about the product so I’m thinking of getting one to help me solve my problem.
I have a friend who’s getting married this December and she was asking me who my suppliers were when I got married two years ago. So I told her my suppliers from the church, to reception, to photographer, invitations, wedding bands, flowers, etc. I’m really excited for her, I’ve known her for almost a decade and she’s a great person. I know her wedding is going to be a great one! Congrats and Best Wishes girl! :)
Paul and I have been offered several types of insurance. One of the e-groups where I belong had a lengthy discussion about insurance as well. Right now, we’re thinking of getting another one but we’re not sure yet of what to get. We both have life insurance and we were offered other term life insurance as well as educational plan for Lance. We’re weighing things out and checking which one fits our needs most. Hopefully we can decide and get one soon.
Whoa! Thanks PPP! As soon as I posted the opp, I was informed that it was auto-approved. I’ve been receiving auto-approved notices and it makes me eager to create more paid posts. Lalo na I need extra money, Christmas is coming and I need more money for shopping! Thanks again!
In this day and age, most people prefer receiving notices through the internet, through email, chat and some through cell phones. There are just a few who still receives mails through mailboxes.
Here in my part of the world, some people especially those who are living in the provinces still prefers receiving mail the “old way”. And of course all the houses have their own residential mailboxes and even the malls there have commercial mailboxes.
In our house, I sometimes miss the bills that are delivered to us because postman just inserts the bills in between the gates. Sometimes the wind blows it away or if it rains, I can’t read the bill anymore. I guess we must also have a nice mailbox.
I’ve been with the Quality Management Department here in our office for almost a decade. We’ve done several programs and systems here such as the Quality Management System; Environment, Safety and Health Management System and right now we’re looking into integrating those two systems. Aside from that we also handle customer survey, contractor management, market research, and the latest was the Black Belt Six Sigma. I really learned a lot from being part of the group. I’ve been sent to several trainings and I’m really thankful for that. Right now, there are still on-going projects and some are put on hold. I just hope the ones that are on-hold will still push through for I really want to finish it. Wish me luck!
This one we got from Jody and Jade. Thanks guys! Love visiting your sites and hearing updates about your kids.
And this one from Nice. Thanks for considering me as such. You're a cool mom too!
And the last one from Kathy. Wow! Thanks Kathy! Did not think of myself as fabulous. I'm touched!
I remember the time when the first theme park here in our country opened. Lots of people visited the place and if you go there especially on weekends, you really have to spend the whole day for you will have to wait for your turn on the rides because of the long lines.
I experienced that myself but for me, the long lines were worth it because I enjoy visiting theme parks and taking the rides especially the scary ones. Theme parks bring out the child as well as the adventurous side of me. I am hoping that theme parks here will have added attractions or rides like the ones at the Theme Park UK where they have The Pepsi Max Big One, Infusion, Big Dipper and so on. I’m sure people will once again line up and take the challenge.
I’ve been tagged by Jen and Jody. Sorry sis, it took me awhile to answer this. Inisip ko pa answers ko eh. Hehe! Hirap ng makakalimutin na! Effect yata to ng anesthesia! Lolz! Anyway, here are my answers:
- Electric Youth (Debbie Gibson) – I think I was on my 6th grade, I was running for student council president and that’s what our party danced during the last day of the campaign. Fortunately I won.
- Looking Through the Eyes of Love (Melissa Manchester) – I learned of this song when I was studying keyboard/organ on my 4th grade. I learned how to play it and even until now when I see a piano, that’s the first song I’m going to play. It’s my masterpiece. Lolz!
- You to me are Everything (The Real Thing) – I was on my 3rd grade when our school chose 5 girls and 5 boys to dance during the school fair and this was the song. It’s really memorable because this is where I found good guy friends and we’re friends until now.
- Give it up (KC and the Sunshine) – Our community held a concert at Meralco Theater and I was one of the dancers and this was our final song. I had a hard time with this one because I was one of the dancers that are lifted and thrown to the air. Masakit siya sa katawan. Hehe!
- Grow Old With You (Adam Sandler) – entrance song namin ni Paul sa reception. Enough said.
- The Way You Look Tonight (Frank Sinatra) – our theme song. Well syempre hindi yung Frank Sinatra version, hehe. Ours was Rod Stewart’s version.
Since Christmas is near, I’ve been thinking of what gift to give to my nephews and nieces. My niece is fond of dolls so I might get her a nice one. And my nephew on the other hand is fond of playing with remote controls, so I might get him the latest RC airplanes that are available now in the market. I hope they’ll both like the toys that I plan to give them.
My brother and Paul are avid viewers of the celebrity poker game. At first I watch with them just to know who are the celebrities playing since I don’t know how to play it. They both taught me how the game works and from then on I just don’t watch to see the celebrities but everything about the show, the style and techniques of the players and even the poker tables. This is an interesting game and hopefully I get to play it also.
Two weeks ago, fellow n@wie and June bride Suzette invited Lance to the Little Gym. Her daughter Sam is enrolled there and it was bring a friend day. The class was scheduled at and we got their a few minutes before 2. I was looking forward to this one because I want to see if Lance improved already on his social skills. The first time I took him to a playroom he was shouting at the kids playing. Thank God this time around he did not do that.
Lance had a great time at The Little Gym. He was all smiles when we were playing and doing the things the teacher asked us to do. He also knows how to walk na that’s why he loved exploring the gym. There was even a time that he made a little girl cry. I didn’t know kasi that he can stand and walk na by himself. I approached Paul to give him something and when I turned back, Lance was already walking and about to bump the girl. They both fell and the little girl started crying while Lance just rolled over and was smiling. I apologized to the little girl’s dad and thank God he did not get mad.
It’s not only Lance who enjoyed at The Little Gym. I enjoyed as well which makes us think if we’re going to enroll him or not. It’s kinda expensive din kasi kaya we’re not sure of that yet. Anyway, here are some pics of Lance at the gym:
What are you getting for your kids this Christmas?
I want to buy a new stroller for Lance since his current stroller is worn out already and that's what he really needs and if Paul will allow me, I want to buy a Maclaren. Hehe! Lance received naman clothes and toys from his birthday so I don't plan to buy him those.
And now for my question...
What gift do you want your hubby to give you this Christmas? I would like to hear answers from Kitts, Kelly and Mhay.
Paul and I were discussing that we need to purchase a bed for him soon. He’s growing up fast and I don’t want him to stay on his crib because I’m sure he will fall from it and also, we can’t keep on letting him co-sleep with us. Aside from the bed, we need to find a nice Childrens Bedding to go with it like the one in the picture. Hope we’ll be able to find the perfect one for Lance.
Mayaman na si Marimar!!! Lolz! I watched Marimar kanina to see if at last she’ll be with her father. Fortunately, the doctor who did the DNA test did not cheat even if bribed by Natalia. And of course based on the DNA, Marimar aka Bella was proven to be the real Marimar. Pero syempre since telenovela ito, Natalia managed to escape the guard who was leading her out and was able to grab the gun pa and held Marimar and her daughter hostage. My goodness, since tv show ito medyo stupid ng konti yung mga tao. Hehe! Imagine how many helpers they have plus Gustavo and Esperanza and yet they were not able to attack Natalia even if she has a gun. At take note my mga swat na and police na dumating sa house and di man lang nabaril si Natalia (obvious ba na affected ako? Hehe!) Anyway, malamang tomorrow night mababaril na si Natalia and mamamatay na si Gustavo (huwag naman
“Paul & Toni - Bridging The Distance
I drop by and keep myself updated if we're not able to chat ;)”
Thank you so much!! I really do appreciate it!! All of my blogging friends received the same awards already so I won’t be passing it on to anyone anymore. Sobrang overdue post na kasi to hehe! But rest assured that I always visit your blogs and keep myself updated about you. :)
And the treat from Melisse and Jane (Thank you also!!)
"Don't just choose your friends making this cliquish and 'just groupies'...Make NEW friends by choosing random visitors!!!."
1. Was your first pregnancy planned? No
2. Were you married at the time? Yes but we were not planning to have a baby yet.
3. What were your reactions? Scared and excited at the same time.
4. Was abortion an option for you? Nope. Never!
5. How old were you? 28
6. How did you find out you were pregnant? I was delayed for a couple of days so I bought a home pregnancy test kit at the drugstore.
7. Who did you tell first? My sister-in-law. Paul was in
8. Did you want to find out the sex? yes
9. Due date?
10. Did you have morning sickness? Nope, thank God. I had a very easy and relaxed pregnancy.
11. What did you crave? None. I always love chocolates so I don’t think that will count. And to counteract the amount of chocolates I eat, I buy fruits and vegetable salad.
12. Who/what irritated you the most? Who? None. Told you I had an easy pregnancy. But what irritated me the most was the heat. Parang laging ang init pag buntis!!
13. What was your first child’s sex? Boy
14. Did you wish you had the opposite sex of what you were getting? No, Paul and I really wanted a boy for our first born
15. How many pounds did you gain throughout the pregnancy? 40lbs
16. Did you have a baby shower? Nope
17. Was it a surprise or did you know?
18. Did you have any complications during your pregnancy? Thankfully, none.
19. Where did you give birth? The
20. How many hours were you in labor? I think 14 hours, but I was induced
21. Who drove you to the hospital? Paul
22. Who watched you give birth? None, we used the regular delivery rooms sa medical city. Nagtipid kami eh. Hehe!
23. Was it natural or C-section? NSD, thank God
24. Did you take medicine to ease the pain? Epidural given to me when I was 7cm dilated yata.
25. How much did your child weigh? Lance weighed 7.14lbs.
26. When was your child actually born? September 27
27. What did you name him/her? Lance Gabriel
28. How old is your first born today? Just turned 1. 1 year and 3 weeks to be exact.
Thanks again Aggie for sharing this. I had fun! Fellow mommies, if you haven’t done this yet, feel free to tag yourself. :)
I’ve been tagged by Aggie. Sorry sis, it took me a long time before I was able to do this. I asked my husband to answer this question. He just gave me one answer; I don’t know if he’s just being nice or love lang niya ko talaga. Lolz! Anyway, here’s what he said:
I’m annoying because I’m so “makulit”. If I want something, I’ll keep on bugging him for that. This usually happens when we have something to talk about and he keeps on ignoring or delaying it. Also, if I want something done, I won’t stop until it’s done. Lalo na if I’m not the one who’s supposed to do it. Naku once I see na di pa siya nagagawa, I makukulitan ka talaga sa kin!
Since Paul gave me only one answer, I listed down my own thoughts so here it is:
- I don’t know how to cook. Mas marunong pa si Paul magluto kesa sa akin. If we don’t have a helper here at home, mamumulubi kami sa kakabili ng food sa restos or fast food chains. I really need to learn or at least try cooking!
- I’m an impulsive buyer lalo na when it comes to Lance’s things. If I saw something I like at hindi ko kasama si Paul, expect me to buy that thing. Sometimes, I realize walang kwenta pala yung nabili ko. Hahaha!
- Just like Aggie, I’m also a pack rat. I still have all my IDs since nursery, my classpictures, my CM from Mapua, plus my prelim and final grades per semester and a whole lot more “garbage” that are all stored in our bodega. I plan to put the IDs and the pictures in an album but never started doing it. Don’t know kung magagawa ko pa siya! Lolz!
That’s all I can think of for now (I’m sure meron pa, baka selective amnesia lang to hehe!) I had fun answering this Aggie, thanks for the tag. For those of you who haven’t done this yet, which I doubt kasi ang tagal na nito, hehe! But if you haven't, feel free to tag yourself! :)
Paul and I were talking the other day of what we want to receive as gift for Christmas. I told him that I think he needs a new rubber shoes since the ones he have now are worn out already. But I don’t want to give that to him as gift for Christmas. Maybe I’ll buy him the shoes for his birthday since that will be next month. He then asked me what I want and I told him a want a nice jewelry since I only have e few set of jewelries. I told him the type of jewelry I want and I do hope he’s serious into giving me one. :)
I haven’t been to a casino. Paul wanted to take me to one but he hasn’t done that yet. I just want to see how it looks like and experience at least one of the games. I would love to play poker and sit with players at the poker tables. I do hope Paul and I can go to one of the casinos here and play poker. That would be great!
When I was pregnant with Lance, I started thinking and listing down things that I need buy when he arrives. From crib, cloth diapers, baby clothes and baby sling. Unfortunately I was not able to buy the sling. Some friends I know were using it and told me the advantages of the sling. They were really blaming me for not buying one. There was also a time where there was a discussion about baby slings on one of the egroups where I belong. They were telling us the advantages of the sling. Mommies can freely work with their two hands while carrying the baby. Most of the time, especially with newborns, they prefer to be clingy and would want to be cuddled always. With the baby sling, moms will still be able to do tasks and carry the baby at the same time. If I’ll be granted a second baby, I promise myself to buy a baby sling. :)
I’m so thankful for the awards our blog received this month and I’m sorry too for posting this a little late. Here are the awards we received:
Brad Egel originally created this award and started the egg rolling to pass the love around.
Thank you for the award and of course for the friendship even if we haven’t seen each other in person yet (except for peachy! Hehe!)
We had Lance’s party last September 29 at St Ignatius Hall. There was a storm on that day and we were so glad that the rain stopped at least an hour before the party starts. Guests were able to come and enjoy the party.
Early morning, Paul and I left to pick up the cake and have it delivered to the venue. Paul and I prayed on the car on our way because it was raining so hard. We were asking God to pour the rain now and make it stop later for the party. We were so thankful that God granted our prayer and guests did not have difficulty going to the place.
We sure had a great time during the party and we’re thankful for the guests who were there and shared the day with Lance. But most of all, we’re thankful to God for giving us Lance and for making him healthy and strong all through his first year of life.
Other pics can be viewed here.
I’ve been based in
Toni and I have been thinking about redecorating our house. Since her dad got discounts in his previous job, he was able to bring home a lot of items, most of which are for the house. Among the stuff he brought here were a lot of electrical stuff like switches, sockets, and receptacles to name a few. What I like in particular are wall sconce. Those are the brackets attached to the walls and it usually has a bulb inside.
With wall scones, you can save space in your bedside table as it is attached directly to the wall, so no need for a desk lamp. Plus, it only casts a soft reflective glow from the wall itself, meaning no glare and no more squinting like in a brightly lit room. Of course it would really depend on your personal taste, but I would seriously consider using sconces if we ever do a home makeover.
Remember that song?? I did not know it before until I stayed at my brother’s house. My nephew and niece were watching High School Musical and asked me to watch with them. And surprisingly, I liked the movie. They were telling me that if given the chance to watch this in theater, they will be the first in line to purchase High School Musical tickets. I’m sure the kids are all going to enjoy if that will come true.
We went to Kids Salon at Robinsons Galleria for Lance’s 1st haircut the day after his birthday. Lance was so behaved when having his haircut. He was just watching Barney which was shown in the tv and just stayed on his chair. He did not even cry although towards the end, he was a little cranky na. Probably because he was getting impatient from sitting too long. Haba kasi ng hair eh hehe! Here are some pics at the salon. Ako yung nanibago after the haircut, parang bigla siyang naging big boy. Lolz!!