I remeber when...

...I was still in my teenage years. My concerns then were a lot different than my concerns now. I only think of myself and my responsibilities as a student and nothing more. I don't even know how to do any household chores. And when February comes (was it February?) I think of the prom night and chooses among the prom dresses displayed at the malls on which one looks best on me. Of course a nice pair of prom shoes must go with it too. But now, after a few years things are a lot different.

I hope I've matured in one way or another. First, I now know how to wash and iron our clothes. I'm learning how to cook and hopefully my husband will like whatever it is I'll cook for him. Second, I think our son and our daughter (who's scheduled to see the world next month), and our plans for their future. I also don't shop that much anymore. If ever I'll be buying something, it's probably one of those special occasion dresses that I really need. I'd rather shop for the kids than for myself. I guess that's how moms really are. They transform and embrace motherhood once they see their children.

I'm proud of my transformation from my teenage years up to present. I admit there are still a lot of things that I need to learn. But I'm doing my best to be a great wife to my husband and a wonderful mother to our children.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: