Annual Physical Exam

Last Thursday, we had our annual physical exam here in the office. This is regularly done to check the health of all employees here in the company. The normal tests are standard breast exam, urinalysis / fecalysis, CBC, chest x-ray and eye refraction. And additional tests are done for the management team. We had ECG, blood chemistry, CA 125 (I think this is for the cervix), Pap smear and SGPT/SGOT (and this one is for the liver).

When it was my turn, the doctor felt something on my breast and was advised to have breast ultrasound. She also noticed something in my throat and advised me to have thyroid ultrasound too. And when it was my turn for eye refraction, the optometrist said I have astigmatism. And because of that she instructed me to wear eyeglasses so that I’ll have better vision. The glasses arrived yesterday and I’m wearing mine today. I still need sometime to get used to it. And with regards to my ultrasound, I’m scheduled on Feb 21 for both thyroid and breast. Hopefully they won’t find anything serious. Pray for me. :)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: