Weekend Update

Here’s a blow-by-blow account of what happened to us last weekend.

Saturday

Morning was spent at Medical City. I had breast ultrasound, thyroid ultrasound, pap smear and urinalysis. Those were requested by the doctor during our Annual Physical Exam. I already have the result for my thyroid ultrasound and thank God it was normal but I was advised to see an internist to be sure. I’ll be going back to Medical City again on Sat for consultation and at the same time get the results for the other tests. Paul had a check up with an EENT while waiting for me. He also went to Hannah’s pedia to get the results of her newborn screening test. After that we went home.

By 4pm, Paul’s siblings and their family went to our house to bring 2 balikbayan boxes containing my father-in-law’s clothes and other stuff. But before we opened the box, we went to Loyola first to visit their mom and to inquire also about my father-in-law’s lot. The kids had a great time running around, especially Lance who hasn’t gone out for a long time. After that we all went back to our house to celebrate the birthdays of Patrick (Feb 13), Dimples (Feb 3) and their mom (Feb 20). We all had a great time that we didn’t realize it was late already. :) Here’s a pic of the kids (minus Hannah) in Loyola:

L-R: Rhys, Lance, Dana and Dylan

When they left, Paul and I went to Eastwood to meet my HS friends. We decided to meet at one of my HS friend and his wife’s unit in Lafayette since most of us are near the area. We were the last ones to arrive and we stayed there till 1am. It was fun seeing them again, talking about high school stuff and even our grade school days. Then they talked about the stag party for one of our friends who’ll be getting married in May. So I guess the guys will see each other again for the stag party. :)

Sunday

We woke up early again to for the 7:30am mass. And as always Lance and I were late. Since the chapel is just walking distance from our house, I always ask Paul to go ahead with Hannah while I prepare Lance. After mass we just stayed home while waiting for the time since we’ll leave again for lunch at my cousin’s house in Tandang Sora. We had triple celebration so most of my relatives will be going to there. It’s my cousin’s bday (feb 21), despedida for my cousin who left for US this morning, and a surprise bridal shower for her too. We played pinoy-henyo while the daddies are taking care of the kids and comfortably sitting at the
patio furniture. All of us had a great time and wished both of them good luck. Here are the pictures of the celebrants.

the future bride with her pinoy-henyo question

the OC bday girl slicing her cake :)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: