Learning Chinese Mandarin

Ni zao! Ni hao ma? Henhao. Xiexie!

I’m currently studying Chinese mandarin and I had my first class last Saturday. I’m a beginner kaya basic mandarin lang. Learning mandarin is fun but difficult. Chinese is a tone language and they have four basic tones, which are indicated by tone graphs. Sometimes it’s difficult coz they have so many words that can be pronounced in different ways depending on how you’ll use it and the pronunciation is not the same as how we do it in English. The teacher asked us to translate and read 14 is 14 and 40 is 40. We also translated 14 is not 14 and 40 is not 40 and it was really a tongue twister. But promise, I had fun on my three-hour lesson last sat and I’m looking forward to my next session.
So far here are some of the words I’ve learned:

ni = You
wo = I
ta = she, her, he, him
tamen = they, them
women = we, us
dou = all
baba = father
hao = well
hen = very
xiexie = thanks
zaijian = goodbye
laoshi = teacher
xuesheng = student

My teacher also taught me Chinese numbers and how they count in Chinese. I also learned a lot of other words. I hope that when my lessons are over, I can speak and understand mandarin na.

Btw, thanks to paul for sponsoring my lessons. Bait ng asawa ko! hehehe! Xiexie honey! mwah!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

8 comments:

Dorothy said...

oh, natuto din ako ng konting mandarin words just by reading your posts.

galing ah. *clap, clap*

MrsPartyGirl said...

xiexie for sharing your lessons :D btw, what made you decide to study mandarin chinese pala? :)

Nette said...

oi! ang galing nman, i learn a few more words. kasi mike was teaching me some chinese words before.

Aggie said...

Toni, bakit ka naglelessons pala?! Di ko to natatanong pag nagchachat tyo :) Heehee.

Ella Go said...

hi toni, ako natuto lang din from ariel. minsan may chinese lessons din kami..sya teacher ko. smile. gud lak.

Paul and Toni said...

aliw mag aral ng chinese :)

aggie and mia, i'm studying mandarin coz paul is in taiwan and kung pwede na akong makasunod sa kanya, baka mas madali akong makahanap ng work there if i know how to speak chinese. :)

Beibi said...

hey! ang galing mo naman, ako I want to study korean language, japanese at kahit na chinese, okey ba ang teacher mo, as in worth it ba? how much is it?

Anonymous said...

Very cool design! Useful information. Go on! Project management insute certification build a sauna bee line cable tv inc. Ratings on dyson vacuum cleaners how to upgrade graphics card laptop Nashville plastic surgeon 88 gmc sport truck Carrabien cruise ships Winston park tennis