Haayyyy……

I’m currently processing my documents for Taiwan so that I can be with Paul na. I was asked by TECO (Taipei Economic and Cultural Office) to submit so many documents so that I can get a visa. I need to get an authenticated marriage contract from their office but before that I first need to have the NSO marriage contract authenticated by malacañang and dfa. Whew! So many authentications….

Finally, I was able to submit the NSO marriage contract authenticated by malacañang and dfa last Friday. The girl from the counter told me to come back the following Friday to get the authenticated marriage contract. I was super happy then coz I’m a few steps away from being with Paul. Come afternoon, someone from TECO texted me and asked me to submit our application for marriage license. I didn’t understand at first what she was talking about kaya I called her and asked. She was questioning our marriage contract. She was asking me why we were issued a marriage license when in fact Paul wasn’t here at that time. According to her, the family code here in the Phils requires both parties to be present when submitting the application for marriage license. I then explained to her that last February when Paul was here, we asked the civil registry of QC hall to allow us to submit even if only one of us is present. We will comply with all the requirements but we can’t pass it yet because of the 120 days requirement from the church (your marriage license should be valid within 120 days prior to the date of your wedding). We explained to the person from the city hall that Paul is working abroad and that we can’t pass it together, and that we can’t pass it yet on February because of the 120 days nga. We told him na we will pass it na lang on April but it will just be me coz Paul will be back in Taiwan by then. And thank God the person from the city hall approved of it. So we got our license na and got married last June.

The problem now naman is that the girl from TECO nga was asking about it. She’s then asking me to get a certified true copy of our application for a marriage license from QC hall. I called city hall this morning but they said that I should get the copy we submitted from the church. Haayyy…. Habang process na naman. Tomorrow I will call Ruth of Malate Church to ask if we can get a copy of that. Hopefully she’ll allow us to have one.

Please pray with me na I can have a copy of the license and that TECO will give us an authenticated marriage contract and eventually a resident visa. All we want is to be together….

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

3 comments:

Dorothy said...

i sympathize with you toni. don't worry, after all that tiring legwork magkakasama na rin kayo ni hubby. i'm sure of it! ;)

Mec said...

my prayers for your togetherness are with you sis...

good luck... and just keep the faith that SOON, you'll be together na :)

Anonymous said...

Excellent, love it! » » »