Fitness and Dieting

I gained weight when I got pregnant and I believe it’s normal and necessary since you’re eating for two people. But I gave birth almost 9 months ago and what upsets and disturbs me is that I haven’t gone back to my pre-pregnancy weight. Others were able to do it after 3 months of giving birth. Some say because they breastfeed their babies. Unfortunately for me, I was able to breastfeed my baby for just a few weeks.

Anyway, I’m really trying to figure out how to lose weight and how to stay fit. I lost some already but I still need to lose at least 10-15lbs to get back to my normal weight. Also, I still don’t fit in my clothes and I can’t wear my maternity clothes since I’m not pregnant anymore. Sigh! Before I got married, I go to the gym to stay fit but I stopped when I got pregnant and I haven’t gone back since then.

What I do now is I monitor what I eat and I attend taebo and aerobics class here in the office at least twice a week. Also, I joined an online fitness pal to help me monitor my food intake and my exercises. They ask you your current weight and your desired weight, and you log there your food intake and exercises. They even have a calorie counter to tell you how much calorie to take and how much to burn. It helps a lot so that you’ll know what to eat and at the same time to monitor your progress.

I just joined today and I do hope I’ll be able to achieve my desired weight. Wish me luck guys!

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

2 comments:

chuching said...

goodluck toni! buti ka nga, you have your reasons for getting bigger. ako, never had a baby but gained about 10-15lbs narin! hay, i guess that's what happens pag happy contented ka na.

have you tried south beach diet? i tried that before and i lost about 10lbs in two weeks! :)

Paul and Toni said...

hi gracita! yeah, that's what they say too. you gain weight nga daw kung masaya ka. maybe because you don't have too much problems to think about.

south beach diet? haven't tried it. feeling ko mahal eh tsaka parang di ko kaya. hehehe!