More Stuff to Buy

I was trying to install an anti-virus software on our home desktop pc. I used Avast which is a freeware, and I have to say that it does a good job. It’s just that my sister-in-law has a premium security suite from one of the leading AV companies and it’s good for 3 PCs. I was trying to install it on the desktop but everytime it connects to the internet to grab an update I get a BSOD. It’s something about the incompatibility between the suite and my usb wireless adapter; and because it’s a generic, there’s no support in sight. Looks like I’m going to have to resort to a Cat5e patch cable from our router to the desktop so I would be able to use the security suite. Either that or buy a new wireless adapter. Maybe I’d go for the latter so I could get rid of my old wireless-b adapter and get a new wireless-g.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: