Coffee Break ver. 1.31

Jan asked me to join her in her coffee break. Here’s the question:
"How can our country do better in international tournaments?"
I’ve always been a sports fan. We grew up watching different sports and my parents, my aunts and uncles explained the rules of the game of whatever sports we’re watching. My dad is a shortstop in our province in baseball so we have gloves and bats and plays with my dad. My uncle loves to play tennis and we sometimes go with him when he plays. We try to watch the PBA live when we have the chance. I studied swimming and I was a volleyball player during my younger years. Basta we were brought up to be sportsminded. We may not be excellent players but we know how to play them.

Anyhow, I remember a few years ago, my sister and I often sleep late watching the games during the Olympics. And now, we try to watch the games whenever we can. It’s just so depressing that our Philippine team are having a hard time getting a medal. So in answer to Jan’s question, I believe that in any tournament, training and practice counts a lot. The Philippine Sports Commission and the government must provide enough funds for our athletes to have better trainings here or abroad. I often get sad whenever I watch tv and I see our athletes complaining that they don’t get support from the government. But the same government people rejoice with them when they win in their competition. So I think, for us to be better and be assured of at least getting into the finals, the government must fully support our athletes with all kinds of resources they can give. :)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: