Six Sigma Black Belt Training – To Go or Not To Go

What is Six Sigma? It is a tool for advancement of the business processes, customer service and over-all way of life. Enabling the company to improve it's performance in all aspects of its service-oriented institution where their beloved clients and partners gets all the benefits of a fast, efficient and friendly service. It is a methodology that provides businesses with the tools to improve the capability of their business processes. This increase in performance and decrease in process variation leads to defect reduction and vast improvement in profits, employee morale and quality of product.

Black Belt is part of the Organizational Structure of Six Sigma. The task includes: identifying barriers, managing projects from planning through execution to realization, ensure that results are sustained and making sure that the project undergo all the phases.

Anyway, that’s where my problem lies. The Lopez Group of Company is sponsoring a Black Belt Training for Lopez Group Employees and my boss asked me if I want to attend. The training is for free, we just have to shoulder the food and venue charges. If I avail it outside of the Lopez Group, the company will have to pay around Php250K or if trained outside the country, it’s around 10K USD excluding hotel and airfare. I really want to attend this training coz they seldom do this in the group and it’s really cheap, but the thing is, it is a series of training and it requires implementation, improvement and control. The training schedule are as follows: Aug 14-18, Sept 18-22, Oct. 23-27 and Nov. 27-Dec 1. I’m due to give birth on Oct. 3 meaning I’ll be on maternity leave on the last two training schedules. I already asked my OB if it’s possible for me to attend and she said that it’s all right. I can attend the weekly training but I need to be careful coz I might deliver earlier than expected if I’ll be stressed and busy. Also, even if I attend the weekly trainings, I still need to make sure that the project is running and that what I learned from that training is applied on the project.

Haayy.. I really don’t know what to do. I want to attend the training because I know it will help me and I can still use it even if I don’t work for our company anymore. But I don’t want also to sacrifice my time with our new born baby. My boss naman said that they will help me with the project and that I can work at home. Tapos, the week that I’m suppose to attend the training even if I’m on maternity leave will be paid off. They will extend my maternity leave daw. But still…. Haayyyy… I don’t know what to do and I need to decide soon because the group is asking already for the list of representatives per company. I discussed this with Paul already and he said it’s ok with him if I go as long as I can handle the situation. Hayyy….What should I do?

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: