Shooting The Rapids



My cousins and I went to Pagsanjan, Laguna to experience what they call “Shooting the Rapids”. Whenever our cousins from the states are here, we make it appoint to try something different during their stay here. This is just one of the examples. It’s a first for all of us to try “shooting the rapids”.

Early Thursday morning, we drove to Hotel La Corona de Pagsanjan and when we got there, we made arrangements right away to go to the falls. The trip to Pagsanjan Falls is known as shooting the rapids. There’ll be two to three tourists (in our case, just me and my cousin, and our other cousins on the other boat) riding the boat together with two boatmen who will paddle and sometimes “lift” the boat upstream against the strong current. When not in the rapids, we sometimes have to synchronize our position to maintain balance. It was really one heck of a ride. The boatmen were so good and so strong that they can literally lift the boat. I think we passed by 12-16 rapids before reaching the end. And upon reaching the last major waterfalls, we transferred to a bamboo raft that took us through the cascading water to a hidden cave. This was also a thrill for we felt the gush of the Pagsanjan Falls to our body that upon getting back to the shore, we felt we had a full body hydro massage. Hehe!








I really had fun and it was a nice experience. Too bad lang Paul was not with us when we went there. Next trip I’m looking forward to is whitewater rafting at Cagayan De Oro. Wonder when will that be?

pagsanjan falls
wishing paul was with me

the bamboo raft that will take us to the falls and the cave
at the cave
after a full body hydro massage
pose muna before going back to the hotel

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

1 comments:

Marj and Carlos said...

Sounds so much fun. Never doen that myself pero I promise after giving birth I would.