Thanks Ate Rose

This post is for my son’s nanny. I’m just thankful for having her and choosing us to be her employer and making our lives easy. Ate Rose used to work for my brother for 8 years but when they migrated to New Zealand, she chose to stay with me among all others who want to get her. My brother’s in-laws, my cousin, my brother’s brother-in-law and a whole lot more who knows her wants to hire her. But she chose to stay with me and my sister, and now she takes care of Lance. And is doing a really good job!!!

She’s not only a nanny to Lance but she’s an over-all helper as well meaning, she does the laundry, iron, cook, cleans the house, etc. (hmm… it seems ang tamad ko! Lolz!!) As much as I want to cook, I don’t know how,L although sometimes, I ask her to teach me how to cook. I just help her in cleaning the house during weekends and I wash the dishes whenever I can. That’s what I do lang at home aside of course from taking care of Lance. Everybody says “jackpot” kami sa kanya and I agree with them because we’re really lucky to have her. I saw how she took care of my nephews and my niece and she’s doing the same with Lance. She just does not take care of him because that’s her work but gives her love as well. I’m just really lucky!

Maybe you’re wondering why I’m posting about her. A few weeks ago, I heard pretty bad stories about yayas. From yayas who pinch the child, to yayas who gets pregnant and has to leave and a yaya who was already pregnant but did not inform her employer so that the employer will still provide the fare for the ferry to go to Manila. I also heard a story about a yaya who stole stuff from her employer like clothes, shades and what have you. But the most horrible one is one yaya left the child alone at home at 12midnight to meet a guy somewhere. Yup! You read it right! Who in your right mind will leave a child, a 2 year old child, alone just to meet a guy? And worse, the child woke up, and managed to go out of the house. Good thing the neighbors knew the child and there’s a barangay tanod roaming around. So the child was brought to the barangay and needs to be fetch by a relative. Well, don’t wanna share too much anymore on what happened after.

Anyway, this is kinda long already. I just want to share how lucky I am for having her. Thanks Ate Rose!!! :)

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Toni!

I have a yaya post in my drafts for the longest time. Like you, we consider ourselves very lucky with Mateo's yaya. In fairness to other yayas out there, there are also bad employers e. So I guess lucky din mga yaya nga babies natin...HAHA!

Seriously, we consider Yaya Cat (Mateo's yaya) part of our small family already. She also doesn't just take care of Mateo, we can see how much she has fallen in love with our baby also :)

Jane said...

hi toni! good for you :) efficient yayas are rare nowadays. yaya's loving their alagas as their own is a bonus, a really nice bonus.

ceztlavie said...

wow! you're really lucky to have ate rose (o di ba, naki-ate na rin ako. hahaha!). kami nga, hirap maghanap ng kasambahay. sana we find one soon. and hopefully, someone like ate rose (naki-ate na naman ako :P hahaha!)

Paul and Toni said...

hi andrea! good thing mateo has a wonderful yaya din. swerte natin!

jane, oo nga eh. kaya happy talaga kami we have her.

cez, close kayo ni ate rose. hehehe! good luck sa paghanap niyo ng kasambahay. :)

Haze said...

hi toni! it's really a blessing to have wonderful and trustworthy yayas to look after our kids.

i feel bad for the kids' parents who was left all alone by the yaya. how dare she?? at least the kid was ok and was seen by good people. imagine what would happen to the kid if he/she was taken by bad people?

with your post, it makes me want to make a yaya tribute. :)

*hugs*

baby lance is soooo cute! i want to squeeze those cheeks! :D

Anonymous said...

Hello Toni! You are very fortunate. A good, reliable yaya is like a gem. We working moms need somebody like them so that we have peace of mind at work.

I have had 2 yayas already but i have complaints. I haven't found the ONE yet. :(