The Geologist

I was sort of a geologist way back in second grade. I remember every morning when the whole class was in the corridor waiting for the daily flag ceremony I would be at the nearby field collecting rocks that seemed interesting to a seven year old boy. What interested me the most were the rocks and pebbles that seemed out of place. I remember seeing some green colored rocks (I may have thought it was kryptonite or something), also some pebbles that had several colors. Maybe if I had some rock tumblers and polishers back then, I may have picked up interest and taken up geology. Actually even today when I’m at a field, I find myself stooping down at the ground checking out the rocks. Besides, I may be lucky enough to spot some loose change that somebody dropped.

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments: